- EOH is a team of licensed oral healthcare professionals who will integrate specific dental protocols into the nursing care program of an LTCF.
- EOH will focus on providing professional care by a licensed dental hygienist to LTCF residents on an ongoing basis.
- EOH will educate and support the nursing staff in the delivery of effective dental routines that ensure the optimal oral health of residents.
Long term studies consistently demonstrate that these protocols significantly reduce the incidence of influenza and life threatening pneumonia in LTCF settings.
As a result, EOH expects to see:
- An improvement in the overall health of residents and an increase in the length of time that they reside in the LTCF.
- A significant decrease in medical expenses related to oral disease within the LTCF.
- A decreased need for resources dedicated to protocols implemented during transmittable disease outbreaks such as quarantine procedures.